The following is a note about the Paddle Bender, the next race in the SouthEast Paddlesports Series. Let's support this great effort. Thanks, John and Karen, for all your hard work.
After kicking off our paddle sport series in Charleston, SC and Jacksonville, FL in April we are now gearing up for the 3rd event in mid-state South Carolina. On June 1st we are holding the 2nd annual paddle sport event at Dreher Island State Park. This event is open to kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards.
Some of you have already signed up, but if you have not please considering registering today.
WE WILL NOT HAVE RACE DAY REGISTRATION THIS YEAR, so you will need to preregister online or by mail. Instructions for either option are available atwww.paddlebender.org. What we have to offer:
- a great cause (all net proceeds go to Carolina Wildlife Care)
- 4 and 8 mile courses open to all ability levels (over half of participants are casual paddlers)
- Z93.1 "The Lake" will be broadcasting live and serving as emcee for the event.
- an excellent group of raffle prizes from our 14 sponsors, well over $1000 in value
- unique awards to more categories than you can shake a stick at
- meal included from Mathias Sandwich Shop (pasta bake)
- athletic wicking t-shirt (gauranteed only for the first 100 registrants)
- fun course and great spectator viewing area
- live animals from Carolina Wildlife Care will be visiting the event site (that's a hit with both kids and adults). CWC rehabilitates and releases injured wildlife. They do all work without any government funding and almost entirely with volunteer efforts 24 hours per day.
- great deals on hotels for anyone traveling in from out of town. (Take advantage of those now. Some deals are not gauranteed after May 5.)
Please consider participating, volunteering, or we could probably squeeze you in yet for sponsorship if your business or employer would like to get involved. Please check out our list of sponsors. We greatly appreciate them all.
I'll be on 107.9 FM at 9:30 am this coming Tue for the program called "Healthier Lexington". A representative from CWC and I will be disussing their service and the upcoming paddle event.
Please let me know if you have any questions and feel free to like Paddle Bender on Facebook.
That is all, thanks for reading. Now please take 2 minutes to sign up for the Paddle Bender! :-)